1. To assume a role in improving nursing education in order to provide the highest quality of health care.
2. To coordinate fundraising activities in order to provide charitable contributions and scholarship funds to promote the nursing profession.
3. To provide programs representative of fundamental and current professional interests and concerns.
4. To aid in the development of the whole person, his/her professional role, and his/her professional responsibility for the health care of all individuals.
WSNA functions to:
- To have direct input into standards of nursing education and influence the educational process.
- To influence health care, nursing education and practice through legislative activities as appropriate.
- To promote and encourage participation in community affairs and activities towards improved health care and the resolution of related social issues.
- To represent nursing students to the consumer, to institutions and other organizations.
- To promote and encourage students’ participation in interdisciplinary activities.
- To promote and encourage recruitment efforts, participation in student activities, and educational opportunities regardless of a person’s race, color, creed, sex, age, lifestyle, national origin, and economic status.
- To promote and encourage collaborative relationships with WNA, WLN, as well as other nursing and related health organizations.